Badsey First School

Badsey First School has had its present name since 1975. It was previously known as Badsey County Primary School (1947-1975), Badsey Council School (1903-1947), Badsey Board School (1893-1903) and The United Badsey, Aldington and Wickhamford National School (1854-1893). The records relate mainly to Badsey First School. They also contain a few items with respect to the Nursery School and the Out-of-School Club. A large number of records (early admissions registers, log books, Governor minutes, etc) which had previously been at the school were deposited at the Worcestershire Record Office in 2003 by the Head Teacher, Mrs Elizabeth Spencer. For more information about the history of the school, see Heads and Tales, A History of Badsey Schools by Maureen Spinks, published by The Badsey Society in 2004 (available at The Spar Shop, Badsey, or by mail order from www.badsey.org.uk/society).